CNC Mill Set Up Machinist/Operator
LV Swiss is a fast-growing world-class provider of precision machined components for the defense, aerospace, medical and semiconductor industries. We are looking for an experienced setup person for our CNC vertical mills. Setup, operate and maintain all assigned machines, which includes retooling at the end of shift. Update and provide the needed information to support various company modules. On occasion, may be asked to work additional time to complete a setup or to run a machine that is behind schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate 3 & 4 axis CNC vertical machining centers. (Haas experience preferred but not required.)
- Understand and modify "G" and "M" codes for a Fanuc controller.
- Read and interpret drawings/blueprints.
- Run parts per engineering drawings.
- Understand basic GD&T symbols (i.e. straightness, flatness, perpendicularity, position, etc...), and understand how to inspect for them.
- Experience and understanding of using measuring and set-up tools (i.e. calipers, micrometers, dial indicator, wrenches, etc...)
- Experience with milling SST, alloy steels, and aluminum.
- Maintain machinery and work centers through approved preventative maintenance programs.
- Identify and support continuous improvement efforts of production processes.
- Ability to troubleshoot discrepant parts quickly and accurately and make the needed corrections to resolve the discrepancy.
- In-process inspection reports required.
- Ability to set up, operate and inspect precision parts.
- Associates degree in machining, a 2-3-year apprentice program or 3+ years of related work experience.
- Verbal and written communication in English.
- Blueprint reading skills.
- Willingness to learn different machines.
- Willingness to take on new challenges.
- Active listening skills.
- Work well and promote a "Team" working atmosphere.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and follow-through.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Paid Time Off, and Holiday Pay
Job Type: Full-time
Please email your resume to Debra@LVswiss.com and Quoting@LVswiss.com